Dear collegues, dear participants,
On behalf of the Board and the Congress Organizing Committee of the
ISOBM – International Society of Oncology and Biomarkers –
I am pleased to invite you to actively participate in the –
45th ISOBM Congress
Hamburg, Germany, November 24 – 27, 2018.
Our Theme – Tumor Diagnosis and Therapy – Role of Biomarkers
Congress President: Prof. Vivian Barak
The 2018 Congress has the aim to bring together participants active in all fields of basic and clinical research in Oncology, in order to optimize clinical results in cancer prevention, diagnosis and therapy.
More than before, Biomarkers hold out promise for improving the outcome of cancer patients by optimization of diagnostic procedures in combination with clinical parameters and various imaging methods. By continuous development of standardization, quality contol and automatization, as well as by applying new individualized targeted treatments, we succeed now to improve patients state and survival. The new therapeutic agents can be combined with the established chemo-radiotherapy of Cancer disease.
Added: Relevant new findings in research, diagnosis and clinical Oncology – as well as technical developments, standardization and quality control, will be presented by opinion leaders in Oral and Poster presentations, along with panel discussions and special topic seminars. A wide range of companies and commercial exhibitors will show their products and services, enabling a valuable exchange between different suppliers and users, colleagues, as well as members of the technical staff. In addition, as during recent years, the EGTM (European Group of Tumor Markers) will present their Guidelines on optimal use of Tumor Markers and their clinical interpretation.
Hamburg is a beautiful metropolis in the northern part of Europe and Germany, well-known for sightseeing in the centre with the Alster and the Elbe and for social events, shopping, dining, museums of art and science/ history. In addition, the congress time in November will also allow the participants to enjoy the first days of the well-known Christmas Markets in the city of Hamburg.
Please allow us to look forward to host you at the ISOBM Congress in Hamburg, November 2018, to exchange ideas and expertise in an International forum and to enjoy the hospitality of Hamburg.
Prof. Vivian Barak – Congress President
Further information on the Congress can be found on our conference website: http://isobm-conference.org/
- Prevention and Early Detection of Cancer
- News in Liquid Biopsies and their clinical potential for Cancer
- Therapeutic potential and advances in Extracellular Vesicles (Exosomes)
- New treatments, Targeted therapies, Immunotherapy
- Genome Sequencing, NGS, for Cancer detection and Treatment strategies
- Characterization of Circulating Biomarkers- Cell free Nucleic Acids (cfDNAs, RNAs)
- Precision / personalized treatments
- Digital Pathology and new Imaging techniques
- Assessment and prediction of response in Cancer patients by Biomarkers
- State of the art and trends in the clinical use of Cancer Biomarkers (genomic analysis, mutational analysis, activation pathways)
- News in Immuno-therapies for Melanoma and other Cancers
- Predictive Biomarkers for Immunotherapy
- Biomarkers for Lymphoma, Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma
- Clinical trials of new therapeutic agents
- Microbiome- based precision Medicine
- Biobanking- role in clinical cancer research
- Quality assesment of Cancer tests
- Tumor Microenvironment, invasion potential, metastases
|KINKOROVA J||(Czech Rep.)|
|TOPOLCAN O||(Czech Rep.)|
|van RIHIJN B||(Holland)|
|Le Tourneau C||(France)|
Here you can access the Conference Abstracts.